Thursday, May 21, 2009

Keyword Density: A Formula to Help You Arrive at Your Optimal Density

We all know how important keyword density is in our websites, blogs, and articles for search engine optimization. Now I know that there are all kinds of keyword density tools and analyzers out there, but I recently came across this handy formula for measuring keyword density really quickly. I’ve found it to be very useful, especially when I’m writing articles. Thought I’d share it with you as it may be helpful to you as well.

The formula is:

(Nkr * Nwp / Tkn) * 100

Nkr = the number of times you use the word or phrase in your article.

Nwp = the number of words in the phrase. (So "make money online" has an Nwp of 3).

Tkn = the total number of words in the article or webpage. Thus, your article of 600 words that mentions “make money online” four times would have a keyword density of 2%.

Cool, huh?

Currently, search engines prefer a keyword density of 1 to 3 percent. Using the formula, I see I’ve gone way over that in this blog.







For honest reviews on some of the most reliable internet marketing programs, visit http://avielv.thebestbizreview.com/ .

No comments:

Post a Comment